Friday 25 October 2013

Writing Late A Night - My First Mistake?


Writing Late At Night - My First Mistake?

I think I realised something today that could potentially hold me back. I was reading through what I had written yesterday evening and noticed quickly that there were several more mistakes than there should have been. Not in the plot or anything like that, but the wording's a little off from time to time, which I found interesting. I guess it's just a case of being tired whilst I write, which leads me to write the same word twice, or my hands misunderstand what they're being told or something.

How does this get solved then? I think the best thing to do is to find some time to write a little during the day, or let myself stop writing a little earlier. The latter of the two I'm not too keen on doing because when I'm flowing I don't think it's a good idea to slow down and cut of the creative vibes.

Right now I live a life that's a little busier than I thought it would be when I was projecting my goals for the year back in January. The advent of Twitch and several trips away for YouTube seem to be keeping me on my toes, and there are a few other things that make me busy throughout the day. I think I could struggle a little to move a writing slot backwards.

Let's just say I do move my writing time back from about 10PM to around 2PM, what changes? It could very well be that I'm not as dialled into what I'm doing, hindering my writing ability; or it could hinder something else by making me reschedule something I'm suppose to be doing that's more important. I don't want to start letting other things slip for this.

I think what I should be doing is getting used to longer days. Days that sometimes start early and quite often finish late due to writing and doing whatever it is I'm doing.. I'm certainly enjoying the whole book thing, I've been getting into it heavier and heavier like I mentioned in the last post. 

We'll see where it goes, I'm flexible when it comes to things like this, I'll start trying things out to see what works.
I've written Chapter 2 now pretty much, have a few things I want to add to round it off nicely so that it leads well into Chapter 3; then of course I have the situation of errors. I'll go through and sort them out when I can. At this stage if I want to get it written, I'll write it.

-Rue 

No comments:

Post a Comment