Thursday 14 November 2013

Digging Deeper


Digging Deeper - 14/11/2013

We are nearing the last month in the year and in the games media scene it starts getting busier just after the summer, and throws itself into action all throughout the rest of the year, so I'm busier than ever at this stage and haven't been writing as much as I've been thinking about writing. I'm trying to not let it slip off of my radar too much though, as I'm at a more crucial point now.

It's hard for me to come out and say just how much of the book has been written as a fraction, or as a percentage because I seriously don't know how long it's going to be. I know where roughly where I want it to end, what happens near the middle and all that, I just need to figure out how I'm going to get there. What I'm currently writing is likely to sit about a third of the way through, and it's a big chapter, the first chapter I've come across that's required some serious thought. I think the reason for this is that the rest of the chapters are lying down some ground rules for the characters, and showing you a little bit about who they are and what their stories are to some extent, and this next part of the book is the first time where they all start intertwining in such a pretty big way. There's a couple of plots running at the moment and I don't want there to be another one, because I feel having two plots currently twisting around each other like rope is deep enough.

As the chatper is more demanding than the last few, it requires me to use my head even more, thinking of creative ways to play the scenes out and getting it to a stage where there's no massive holes in it, and it'll probably take a bit of time. So when I'm writing I want to have a clear head and not be constantly thinking of something else, or have a distraction near by meaning I can only sit down for half an hour. Up till this point the rest of what I have has been written in a fair few, two to three hour sessions and I'd like to keep it that way.

I also keep reminding myself that this isn't a job, and it isn't work, this is for my enjoyment and there's no reason to rush it. So keeping that in mind I continue to keep digging deeper and letting the creative juices flow. We're virtually hitting winter now so I'll have an excuse to stay inside.

-Rue

No comments:

Post a Comment